Re: RHEL4 Beta 1 to Beat 2 via up2date?

Mark Zolton wrote:
Thanks to all for answering my question. I was not aware that this was a bug.

Would it be advisable at this point to go ahead and do an upgrade via cd (iso) instead of up2date.

It would be most advisable to do a fresh install. Historically upgrades between betas have been shaky at best.

A fresh install will give you a better approximation of what RHEL4 will be like, and will enable you to given us better feedback on the release.

A beta-to-beta upgrade attempt is likely to hit problems that are not really bugs, but consequences of packaging changes during the development cycle.