Re: RHEL4 Beta 1 to Beat 2 via up2date?

Mike McLean wrote:

It would be most advisable to do a fresh install. Historically upgrades between betas have been shaky at best.

A fresh install will give you a better approximation of what RHEL4 will be like, and will enable you to given us better feedback on the release.

A beta-to-beta upgrade attempt is likely to hit problems that are not really bugs, but consequences of packaging changes during the development cycle.

Thank you. I understand completely. I just wasn't sure why the packages would be available to up2date if that route was not recommended.

Thanks,
Mark