Re: Build the SRPMS on itself?

On Nov 13, 2004, at 12:00 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

I am trying to compile all the SRPMS for RHEL 4AS Beta2 on itself in an
effort to make it self hosting. I did an "Everything" install from the
RHEL AS4 Beta2 ISOs.

The following SRPMS fail to compile as a user or as root.  Anyone else
trying to make RHEL 4 self hosting run into these problems, if so, how
did you solve them?

compat-gcc-296-2.96-130.7.2.src.rpm
dhcp-3.0.1-11.src.rpm
elfutils-0.96-1.src.rpm

(this is with only the packages 0-9 and a-f, A-F compiled ... with g-z,
G-Z still to go)

Note that compat-gcc may not build since it's a compat compiler package.

If the others continue to give you trouble please file bugs (RHEL 4 should be self-hosting).

--
Tim Powers
Technical Lead, Release Engineering