Re: ipw2100 or ipw2200 wireless minipci cards

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 11:07 +0000, John Haxby wrote:
> The beta2 announcement says that IPW 2100 and 2200 wireless nics are now
> supported.   I'd really like to junk the broadcom minipci card that came
> with my laptop, but the usual suspects failed to admit to the existance
> of minipci wireless cards, let along Intel PRO/Wireless ones.

afaik the intel ones are on board, not minipci.
Also note that minipci cards are usually locked in by the bios; eg the
hardware supplier certified his laptop with only a few models, and is
required by the FCC to only allow certified cards.
This is different from the pcmcia card case, because for minipci, the
laptop itself supplies/is part of the antenna.

> beasts?  And while your at it, is it only the 2200 that supports 802.11g?

afaik that's the big/only difference between 2100 and 2200