Re: up2date question

Mark Zolton wrote:

Keith,

I posted a question similar to this last week. I did try to upgrade from Beta 1 to Beta 2 through up2date with little success. The recommenced method seems to be a reinstall as this will more accurately reflect the intentions of the developers. After trying this myself, I have to agree.

Mark

Thanks for the feedback, Mark. I'm going to go ahead and download and install it on my main development laptop (it's pretty stable, right?). I just recently purchased a 5-pack RedHat Enterprise WS - I've been a SlackWare user for a long time, but now that I've gotten Linux in through the back door and am developing in a "real work" <g> environment, I wanted support and someone else to keep up on the security updates for me.

So, I'm a bit new to this "RedHat way" of doing things. I'm excited about the move to the 2.6 kernel, so I want to do everything I can to track down and report bugs.

I've only been lurking on these mailing lists for a couple of weeks now, but the answers have been very helpful! So, "hello" to everyone out there :-)

-Keith