Re: Adding programs

John Summerfield wrote:

In contrast, in Debian (which I've been using for a while) I'd say something like
apt-get install strace
and apt-get would find what other packages are needed and offer to install those too. It would also ask me for the correct CDs.

I expected this to just work, as well as it does in Debian.

It doesn't seem to me that up2date is the answer either.

This works for me (I already had strace installed):

   rpm -e strace
   up2date strace

you can also browse for RPMs on RHN and push an install from there, which is nice.

jch