Re: Adding programs

shane stixrud org wrote:
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, John Haxby wrote:

Having said that, the system-config-packages thing should work -- it has a parameter to point it to a directory full of ISO images (--isodir). That isn't your only choice though. system-config-packages is a bit limited though for my liking. My preferred solution, at least the last time I did it, was to mount the ISO images (using -o loop) and create a yum archive. up2date knows about yum archives but I don't recall whether it preferred RHN or yum for local packages -- I installed a version of yum as well.

Personally I wish they would add the ability to grab packages via a HTTP URL. ISO and NFS are all well and good, but adding HTTP would be much cleaner in my opinion.

That's what yum is.