xinerama with Radeon 9600 on x86_64

So I bought a new Radeon 9600. It works fine with one monitor but it's capable of handling two. I'd like to do xinerama with it (and I have config'd xinerama by hand successfully in the past). I tried it with system-config-display but it will not do it (it tries but then it will not close) and I've tried it manually. I also took a look at getting the proprietary drivers from ATI but they don't dupport 64 bit yet.

Has anybody gotten this to work with the open source radeon drivers?

--
csm moongroup com, head geek
http://moongroup.com