Re: xinerama with Radeon 9600 on x86_64

Chuck Mead wrote:
So I bought a new Radeon 9600. It works fine with one monitor but it's capable of handling two. I'd like to do xinerama with it (and I have config'd xinerama by hand successfully in the past). I tried it with system-config-display but it will not do it (it tries but then it will not close) and I've tried it manually. I also took a look at getting the proprietary drivers from ATI but they don't dupport 64 bit yet.

Has anybody gotten this to work with the open source radeon drivers?

Alright... simply to get it into the archives so it's earchable I am going to submit the solution I finally came up with for this. I got some help from a nice user in the #xorg channel on freenode and I have it working now. Attached is my xorg.conf file. Hopefully it may help someone who has the same issues.

-- csm moongroup com, head geek http://moongroup.com
# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "multi head configuration"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"

# RgbPath is the location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
	RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
	FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "fbdevhw"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "freetype"
	Load  "type1"
	Load  "dri"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
#	Option	"Xleds"		"1 2 3"
# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
#	Option	"XkbDisable"
# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#	Option	"XkbModel"	"pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#	Option	"XkbModel"	"microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#	Option	"XkbLayout"	"de"
# or:
#	Option	"XkbLayout"	"de"
#	Option	"XkbVariant"	"nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
#	Option	"XkbOptions"	"ctrl:swapcaps"
# Or if you just want both to be control, use:
#	Option	"XkbOptions"	"ctrl:nocaps"
#
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "kbd"
	Option	    "XkbModel" "pc105"
	Option	    "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Monitor0"
	VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
	ModelName    "MAG MX21F"
	HorizSync    30.0 - 70.0
	VertRefresh  50.0 - 160.0
	Option	    "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "radeon"
	VendorName  "ATI"
	BoardName   "ATI Radeon 9600"
	BusID	    "PCI:1:0:0"
	Option "MergedFB" "True"
	Option "CRT2HSync" "30-70"
	Option "CRT2VRefresh" "50-160"
	Option "MonitorLayout" "CRT,CRT"
	Option "OverlayOnCRTC2" "true"
	 Option "MetaModes" "1280x1024-1280x1024"
	Option "CRT2Position" "RightOf"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen0"