Re: Udev persistent naming

Arjan van de Ven wrote:

is it? With mount-by-label and swap-by-label, why would you care about
device names in the first place????

That only works to a limited extent. I have a USB disk that usually sports an ext3 file system or three which I can mount by label. I also have a memory stick and a CF reader both of which carry FAT file systems and you can't mount those by label.

I _think_ my USB disk has a labelled file system on it at the moment, but it still appears as /media/usbdisk though.

jch