Re: Udev persistent naming

Hi

> but.. with mount-by-label you don't *care* what the
> name of the harddisk
> is...

somebody will have to set the label right? (ie) new
storage devices introduced to the system will not
automatically be identified uniquely.what happens if i
connect a second hard disk with the same label?.

basically if udev has a somewhat unique persistent
device naming I wanted to know why it isnt used by
default.

regards
Rahul Sundaram

=====