Re: Oracle10g issue - times() call fails

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 16:04 +0300, Marko Asplund wrote:
> Leos Bitto wrote:
> > I have had a very similar problem some time ago and I have filed a
> > support request via metalink.oracle.com. The answer was that this
> > was a known bug affecting Oracle 10.2.0.1.0 and servers with high
> > uptime. The recommended solution was to either restart the server,
> > or install a special patch from Oracle, or wait until 10.2.0.2.0
> > comes out and upgrade. In my case I have moved the application to
> > another server with lower uptime and that helped. After 10.2.0.2.0
> > was published I have upgraded and now even the server with high
> > uptime works fine. YMMV
>
> the 10.2.0.2.0 README doesn't seem to mention this issue.
>
> do you have any Metalink reference that would discuss this issue?

I think 338461.1  and 361680.1 has the information, although they seem
to think that it occurs after 248 days and I think this user said his
uptime was less than that.  My guess is there are other ways for it to
big triggered at earlier points.

The patch is also listed in the patches section of Metalink, although it
is password protected so you have to open a TAR to get it.

Later,
Tom