[olpc-software] Problem with the last couple of builds.

Tim Flavin tim.flavin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 14:51:40 UTC 2006

In the last two builds, 33 and 34 (I have not checked out others) it
looks like grub.conf and the initrd files that they refer to don't
match up.  The grub.conf has these lines:
        initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.17-1.2293_FC6-simulator.img
        initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.17-1.2293_FC6-desktop.img

while the only initrd file (in the /boot directory) has this name:
initrd-2.6.17-1.2293_FC6.img

Using this initrd crashes the simulator.

I have been using the simulator without any problems  with earlier
builds that had separate partitions for boot and the rest of the
system.  But they had files like
initrd-2.6.16-1.2289_FC6-simulator.img  in them.  (I think that was
build 28)

Is this a bug or am I confused?  (Or both?)

Thanks,
TIm Flavin