[olpc-software] wireless networking, in the "real" world.

Khaled Hassounah khassounah at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 03:41:30 UTC 2006

The chip is a usb version of the 8388 (google for 88w8388). Marvell is currently developing a linux drivers that is compatible with the 2.6 kernel, and will be releasing it under an open source license fairly soon (within 1-2 months I believe)

The decision to go with Marvell was recent, but their having networking developers who will work full time on developing and maintaining drivers for their chipset was one of the factors in the selection process.

Khaled

James Clark <jjc at sipa.or.th> wrote: On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 20:10 -0500, Jim Gettys wrote:
> And the wireless chip
> we're planning to use (made by Marvell, btw)

I thought the plan was to use an Atheros chip with the madwifi drivers.
What Marvell chip is it and what driver does it use?

James