[olpc-software] AbiWord, HIG

Alan Kay alan.kay at squeakland.org
Wed Mar 15 13:49:16 UTC 2006

Just curious ...  why is a lot of real estate still being taken for
non-content items?

There are very likely more compact solutions that start out with everything
being visible, but as the user learns can move to more subtle and smaller
cues and access. Also, the chip set can do alpha blending, and we've
experimented with using that to overlay some of the UI, etc.

Good start ... I encourage you to continue with more and different
experiments ...

P.S. Can AbiWord take plugins (like a LOGO) that could manipulate its media?

Cheers,

Alan