[olpc-software] AbiWord, HIG

Alan Kay alan.kay at squeakland.org
Thu Mar 16 16:00:03 UTC 2006

Hi Jim --

I agree much more than disagree (in fact, I don't think I disagree at all).
I certainly have no interest in throwing stones at anyone. I was merely
observing that truly important aspects of the web were done wrong, even
though the better ways had already been around for many years, and in case
of Engelbart, decades.

There is a certain analogy to "pop culture" vs "developed culture" that
might obtain here. And pop cultures often take over when something hits and
expands faster than education can keep up.

Cheers,

Alan