[olpc-software] graceful handling of out-of-memory conditions

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Fri Mar 17 14:33:17 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 07:00 -0500, Jim Gettys wrote:
> Mike,
>
> I recommend some use of iPAQ's or Nokia's before you jump to the
> conclusion that people will use a single program at a time.

Yeah, a 770 is on my list of wanted gadgets :)

That said I guess your average iPAQ or 770 user is very tech savvy.
People I've watched who aren't that comfortable with computers usually
do one or maybe two things at once. I don't know if that's a general
thing or just an artifact of the tasks I saw them do.

thanks -mike