[Open-scap] building and running OpenScap source

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu Dec 3 16:08:13 UTC 2009

On Thursday 03 December 2009 10:52:56 am Mamorella, Chris wrote:
> The available documentation, however, does not appear to provide directions
> on how to build the project so that I can test and run some examples.

Generally, you would run:

./configure
make
make install

But I would highly recommend using a package manager and a prebuilt library so
that you can manage the binaries better. Fedora publishes binaries and I
believe a couple other linux distributions do too. However, unless they are
rpm based, they probably don't have all the OVAL probes needed.

-Steve