[Open-scap] OVAL API Source

Lukas Kuklinek lkukline at redhat.com
Wed Feb 25 16:21:08 UTC 2009

Greetings,

I've been working on System characteristic implementation a bit and made
a little bit different interfece so far. Header file is attached. There
already are function prototypes and it does not follow your coding-style...
which could be easily adjusted as long as the code is not used by anyone.

Just several things to note:

1. Object element in system characteristics is not the same as the one with
same name in oval definitions, nor is one subset of other altrough they have
some features in common. Provided header file is able to process, modify and
export system characteristics files without need to be tied to particular
oval defeinitions.
2. What is coding style for function names?
3. I find a bit redudant to include pointer to system info structure to every
collected object, it is rather property of given set of objects as whole. Or
is there any point for this I'm missing?

Lukas