[Open-scap] Build errors on Windows (variable redefinition in CPE)

Lukas Kuklinek lkuklinek at redhat.com
Fri Jul 10 15:29:32 UTC 2009

> It appears CPE_PART_CHAR, CPE_SCHEMA, CPE_SEP_CHAR and CPE_SEP_STR are
> defined in "cpeuri.h" and defined again in "cpeuri.c".  Is this by
> design or did something come out sync at some point?

The variables should have been declared as extern in the header file,
but the library is being rewritten at the moment to have consistent API,
so this is subject to change anyways.

As a temporary fix, you can just prepend 'extern' in front of the four
constant declarations in cpeuri.h... I hope it will work as I don't have
a windows compiler here.

> Kevin

Lukas