[Open-scap] RHEL5.4 problems, missing oscap functions

Chris Cralle Chris.Cralle at netwitness.com
Wed Jul 21 18:54:31 UTC 2010

Greetings list. Thank you for working on openscap and improving it. I
having some problem getting out of the gate.

RHEL 5.4 x86_64

open-scap 0.6.0

I had a long arduous road to finally get configure and make to work.
Dependencies and errors a plenty.

I finally got all the way to install with only one check test failing.

test_probes_environmentvariable

Not being very worried about that...

I tried to follow the Tutorial for the hello-scan.c sample. But that had
many errors I couldn't track down.

Found out that the Python was really the way to go now and tried to get
docs/example/oval_probes.py to work.

But it seems there is some missing functions somewhere.

global name 'oscap_import_source_new_file' is not defined.

I loaded up the libraries in netbeans with the example and was unable to
find any

oscap_export_* or oscap_import_*

I grepped through every file in the tar and still no hits other then the
example.

What am I missing?

Thanks again for your efforts.

Chris