[Open-scap] Version in Fedora 14

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Fri Jul 23 15:13:31 UTC 2010

On Friday, July 23, 2010 10:47:21 am Peter Vrabec wrote:
> Steve, can you please clarify until which date can we do package upgrades
> in F14 without much pain. I expect the deadline is 2010-09-07.[1]

Since this is a feature, there will be more people watching it that usual. But
we might be able to push changes up to Oct 11. That is the final freeze
deadline. I would suggest that any changes submitted in Oct be bugfix only.

> Josh and Steve, since there is feature freeze on 2010-07-27.
> "Feature Freeze means that all accepted feature for the release are
> significantly "feature complete", ready for testing, and have a
> current status."
> I have to update status on feature page[2] "significantly". :) Therefore I
> ask you Josh what you think where you are with secstate? We are about 80%
> done.

I'd say alpha freeze, Aug 03, is when things need to be testable. It doesn't
need to be feature complete, but far enough along people can try it and report
problems. We should plan on having a test day with Fedora QE at some point
between alpha and beta releases so that we get lots of testing done.

-Steve