[Open-scap] Crypto API

Daniel Kopecek dkopecek at redhat.com
Fri Mar 26 11:54:37 UTC 2010

Hi all,
 we need to include support for several cryptographic operations like
hashing and, maybe in the future, signing. For now, I've created a simple
abstraction for one operation which resides in src/OVAL/probes/crapi/.
Depending on what you've selected with ./configure, it uses NSS 3.x, OpenSSL or
the GCrypt library as backend. And my question is, which one should we use as
the default? GCrypt seems to me as a good choice. Do you know about some usable
abstraction layer for these libraries (like something that would implement the
intersections of supported algorithms,operations in all backend libraries)?

Dan