[Open-scap] XCCDF Evaluation on RHEL 6

Patrick Lucas patrick.lucas at gtri.gatech.edu
Wed Apr 20 16:14:13 UTC 2011

On 04/19/2011 08:07 PM, Daniel Kopecek wrote:
> I've just tested the latest sources from git on RHEL 6.0 and I see only
> pass/fail results, no unknown results. The library self-tests are also
> ok.

Aha - I had not recognized that the XCCDF tests found in the repo did
not exist when the version of OpenSCAP included in RHEL 6.0 (0.6.0) was
released.

After building an updated RPM with the 0.7.2 sources and running the
same tests, I got the expected results.

Without building with --enable-debug, is there a way to get more
information about tests returning 'unknown'? I notice the oscap tool
itself does not have a verbose mode, but is that information available
anywhere else?

Thanks,
Patrick Lucas