[Open-scap] Custom OVAL Probes

Ed ed.sealing at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 03:03:08 UTC 2011

Brady,

Just tried it, and it works like a charm. Good catch. Thanks.

Expanding on your  example, here's an implementation of the package
whitelist checking you mentioned that uses a set of objects filtered
by a constant variable. I am having a problem when oscap comes back
with the system characteristics, the filter doesn't seem to be working
correctly on obj:2. Just shows the variable in the object. I've tried
based on a couple different attributes and nothing comes back. Not
sure if this is me or openscap... The concepts of the check should be
pretty sound though.

~Ed