[Open-scap] <TestResult> lacking <result>s

Shawn Wells shawn at redhat.com
Wed Nov 28 01:30:25 UTC 2012

On 11/27/12 10:51 AM, Gary Gapinski wrote:
> I'm trying to test open-scap and scap-security-guide with the latest
> content from git, and am steadfastly getting void eval results.
>
> As in
>
>     oscap xccdf eval --profile common --oval-results --results /tmp/results-test.xml output/ssg-rhel6-xccdf.xml

Try with CPE. Just rebased my local git tree of the SSG, seems to run OK
for both stig-server and common profiles when using
openscap-utils-0.9.2-1.el6.x86_64. Note that many SSG OVAL checks are a
work in progress.

oscap xccdf eval --profile stig-server --cpe-dict
RHEL6/output/ssg-rhel6-cpe-dictionary.xml RHEL6/output/ssg-rhel6-xccdf.xml
Title   Ensure All Files Are Owned by a Group
Rule    no_files_unowned_by_group
Ident   CCE-3573-3
Result  pass

Title   Disable Core Dumps for All Users
Rule    disable_users_coredumps
Ident   CCE-4225-9
Result  fail

oscap xccdf eval --profile common --cpe-dict
RHEL6/output/ssg-rhel6-cpe-dictionary.xml RHEL6/output/ssg-rhel6-xccdf.xml
Title   Mount Remote Filesystems with nodev
Rule    use_nodev_option_on_nfs_mounts
Ident   CCE-4368-7
Result  pass

Title   Mount Remote Filesystems with nosuid
Rule    use_nosuid_option_on_nfs_mounts
Ident   CCE-4024-6
Result  pass