[Open-scap] new to oscap. Question about oscap results

wm-lists wm-lists at nixpeeps.com
Mon Oct 22 14:49:46 UTC 2012

I have downloaded the latest oscap files via git, and executed a profile on
a RHEL6 box using the content, but my results seem to be full of *null* and
maybe one or two *pass*.

Am I missing a step here?  any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  I'm
looking at integrating this with my employers Satellite installation and am
very interested in the security implications of this.

Thanks!
Will

#oscap xccdf eval --profile server dist/content/ssg-rhel6-xccdf.xml

Rule ID:        partition_for_tmp
Title:          Ensure /tmp Located On Separate Partition
Result:         (null)

Rule ID:        partition_for_var
Title:          Ensure /var Located On Separate Partition
Result:         (null)

Rule ID:        partition_for_var_log
Title:          Ensure /var/log Located On Separate Partition
Result:         (null)

Rule ID:        partition_for_var_log_audit
Title:          Ensure /var/log/audit Located On Separate Partition
Result:         (null)

Rule ID:        partition_for_home
Title:          Ensure /home Located On Separate Partition
Result:         (null)

Rule ID:        ensure_redhat_gpgkey_installed
Title:          Ensure Red Hat GPG Key Installed
Result:         (null)

Rule ID:        service_rhnsd_disabled
Title:          Disable Red Hat Network Service (rhnsd)
Result:         (null)

Rule ID:        security_patches_up_to_date
Title:          Ensure Software Patches Installed
Result:         (null)

Rule ID:        ensure_gpgcheck_globally_activated
Title:          Ensure gpgcheck Enabled In Main Yum Configuration
Result:         (null)

Rule ID:        ensure_gpgcheck_never_disabled
Title:          Ensure gpgcheck Enabled For All Yum Package Repositories
Result:         (null)