[Open-scap] help regarding implementation of OVAL probes in python

Martin Preisler mpreisle at redhat.com
Thu Apr 4 12:37:02 UTC 2013

While I do agree that having the ability to write OVAL probes in Python
might be useful, we don't support it at the moment and I am not aware
of any plans to support it in the future.

I recommend to review how probes interact with openscap,
see openscap/src/OVAL/probes/probe, in particular the main.c file.

If the only goal is to make it easier to write probes, perhaps one
could create a pass-through C probe that would interact with the
Python code.

--
Martin Preisler