[Open-scap] Video preview of the OSCAP Anaconda addon

Vratislav Podzimek vpodzime at redhat.com
Wed Apr 24 08:27:03 UTC 2013

Hello everybody,
I'm a member of the Anaconda installer team and as my master thesis I'm
developing an addon for the Anaconda that would allow SCAP content
evaluation during the installation process. To provide a preview of what
I've done so far I've recorded a video [1]. The quality is not that
great I'd like it to be, but I hope it would serve the purpose of
presenting the basic ideas and approach.

[1] http://vimeo.com/64702496

The work is far from being finished, but it already covers the most
important actions that need to take place. What is currently missing is
a profile selection in the GUI and support for more content types than
just datastreams. In the future, there will probably also be an addon
for the Initial Setup (new Firstboot) that will show the results from
the evaluation and remediation that is done after installation in the
chroot of the newly installed system.

Looking forward to see your comments and suggestions,

--
Vratislav Podzimek