[Open-scap] [OPEN-SCAP-LIST] I'm trying to execute open-scap on solaris

Martin Preisler mpreisle at redhat.com
Tue Aug 6 10:55:53 UTC 2013

Hi,
first of all, I recommend to update your openscap to a newer version. We are already at 0.9.11 with many bugs fixed since 0.8.1.

https://fedorahosted.org/releases/o/p/openscap/openscap-0.9.11.tar.gz

It looks like the file is not valid OVAL of version that is specified in the document. I tried to look for this file but links from NIST lead to http://iase.disa.mil/stigs/os/unix/u_solaris_10_sparc_v1r3_stig_benchmark_20130426.zip which errors out. In case this file is redistributable, could you send it?

>From the validation output it looks like one section of the file causes all the errors. The file itself could be corrupted or incomplete, but I find it unlikely.

As a greatly discouraged workaround you can try the --skip-valid option which will skip validation altogether and just parse the file.

--
Martin Preisler