[Open-scap] openscap-0.9.4

Petr Lautrbach plautrba at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 14:57:11 UTC 2013

On 02/27/2013 10:57 AM, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 04:34:04PM +0100, Petr Lautrbach wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> a new OpenSCAP release is available - openscap-0.9.4.
>>
>> Changes:
>> - high Level API
>> - improved Text Substitution Processing
>> - technical Preview of Online Remediation Execution
>>    (the oscap xccdf eval --remediate)
>> - improved Library Internal Error Reporting.
>> - the oscap xccd export-oval-variables now support DataStreams.
>> - improved documentation
>> - improved schema files.
>> - tailoring file support
>> - profile shadowing support
>> - bug Fixes
>>
>> Download:
>> https://fedorahosted.org/releases/o/p/openscap/openscap-0.9.4.tar.gz
>
> I am wondering a bit ... openscap 0.9.3 seems to have bumped the MAJOR SO
> version of libopenscap.so to 3, while this reverts it back to 2...
>
> Was this a temporary problem in openscap 0.9.3?
>
> Ciao, Marcus

That's definitely a bug. The version should be libopenscap.so.3.1.0. I've made
a mistake during the release process. It's fixed in current git HEAD [1]
and I'll send a new fixing openscap release soon.

[1] http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/openscap.git/commit/?id=ca1152557f12e2f735f11994ebc6b9f762d7d96e

Thanks,

Petr