[Open-scap] Video preview of the OSCAP Anaconda addon

Vratislav Podzimek vpodzime at redhat.com
Thu May 16 09:36:54 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-05-15 at 16:16 -0400, Shawn Wells wrote:
> On 5/15/13 6:19 AM, Martin Preisler wrote:

Thanks!

> > Hi,
> > openscap itself won't do any verification but it can be done with the xmlsec
> > tools.
> >
> > Seehttps://www.redhat.com/archives/open-scap-list/2012-December/msg00000.html
>
> For my use case I would like to validate the datastream before it
> becomes processed in Anaconda. Will this be possible?
I'm definitely planning to add such checks. There are many things that
should be added -- e.g. there already is a support for verifying SSL
certificate of the server the content is downloaded from, but is not
hooked up properly. But for now I need to pass the first checkpoint --
defending my master thesis the addon is a part of. Then I will package
the addon, create a project (with Trac instance) for it and do further
development based on my ideas, bugs, feature requests etc.

The plan is to have the addon as some "technical preview" for the Fedora
19 (in a custom compose I will provide) and then properly packaged and
easily deployable for the Fedora 20.

--
Vratislav Podzimek