[Open-scap] help with SCE content creation

Simon Lukasik slukasik at redhat.com
Mon May 13 08:44:48 UTC 2013

On 05/11/2013 03:06 AM, Shawn Wells wrote:
> I'm trying to create SCE checks and receiving a 'notchecked' status with
> "No candidate or applicable check found" in my results.xml. Below is my
> code, any pointers would be fantastic!

[snip]

Hello Shawn,

This message is crucial:

>>       <message severity="info">No candidate or applicable check
>> found.</message>

It says that the OpenSCAP could not execute the check, because none of
the checks were supported. That is decided, based on the @system
attribute of each <check> for a given <Rule>.

Are You sure, the `oscap` command of yours support SCE?

    $ oscap --version | grep  'Script check engine'

If not, You need to re-build OpenSCAP with

    ./configure --enable-SCE

Fedora ships OpenSCAP with enabled SCE by default.

--
Simon Lukasik
Security Technologies