[Open-scap] Building on Windows

Simon Lukasik slukasik at redhat.com
Thu Oct 10 10:10:16 UTC 2013

On 10/09/2013 05:33 PM, Chris Grahlmann wrote:

> Has anybody had any luck getting this to build on Windows from the
> following  ( http://www.open-scap.org/page/Windows ) ? I tried to get it
> to work without the probes using both configure --disable-probes and
> configure --enable-probes-independent=no –enable-probes-unix=no.
>
> Both times the output from the config shows it  with the probes enabled:
>

> === probes ===
>
>   system_info:                 yes
>
>   family:                      yes
>
>   textfilecontent:             yes
>
>   textfilecontent54:           yes
>
>   variable:                    yes
>
>   xmlfilecontent:              yes
>
>   filehash:                    yes
>
>   filehash58:                  yes
>
>   environmentvariable:         yes
>
>   environmentvariable58:       yes
>

> So then when I run the make I get:
>

> probes/fsdev.c:56:3: error: #error "Sorry, your OS isn't supported."
>
> probes/fsdev.c: In function 'fsdev_init':

Hello Chris,

It seems that these windows instructions are dated. The --disable-probes
option of ./configure command has been dropped by
ad723e1cf5b5014095a3f2f5743384239a903d3b.

Reading through code, I guess you will not be able to build master
without fsdev.c support or makefile changes. And the fsdev.c seems to be
currently implemented only for posix like systems.

You can try to rebuild older sources (without that breaking patch).

I remember that there were some users who managed to compile on windows,
but I am not sure if they were able to contribute patches back to the
community.

We will happily review your patches!

Best regards,

--