[Open-scap] v1.0.4 string "hard" conversion problem

Simon Lukasik slukasik at redhat.com
Wed Feb 19 19:19:53 UTC 2014

On 02/18/2014 10:53 PM, Rodrian, Logan P (IS) wrote:
> Hello-
>
> While running on RHEL 6.5 with the lastest 1.0.4 OpenSCAP version
> (compiled on RHEL 6.5) and SSG 0.1-15, I encountered the following
> error.  I reverted back to using OpenSCAP version 1.0.0 and the error no
> longer occurred.  Just wanted to submit this as a possible bug if no one
> else had mentioned it/seen it yet.  It is of course possible that this
> is a problem with SSG compatibility instead.
>
> ---> OpenSCAP Error: Conversion of the string "hard" to an integer (64
> bits) failed: Invalid argument [oval_cmp.c:113]
>

> Logan Rodrian

Hello Logan,

Thanks for report. However, you can safely upgrade to openscap-1.0.4.
The problem is also present with an old version (1.0.0). The error
message is result of stricter handling of integer parser. But the error
was perhaps always present. The strict handling has been introduced by

https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/openscap.git/commit/?id=2c13401d45c6ffab6bff624247876ec38e762dfb

It seems to reveal problem in another place. Perhaps the word 'hard'
shall not be present on the place where an integer value is expected.

Do you see the word 'hard' somewhere in the system characteristics?
(System characteristic is a part of OVAL Results. Use --oval-result to
generate them).

Thanks!

--
Simon Lukasik