[Open-scap] report branding patch.

Martin Preisler mpreisle at redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 18:21:10 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

This is unrelated to this patch. This patch doesn't affect the aforementioned functionality in any way.

> If the method of modifying checklists is patching the checklist file, or
> generating copies of the file with the changes, it seems to risk versioning
> hell where my only ability to compare two checklists is to have code that
> diffs by waking the object models of all related files.

We are not talking about patching the checklists. We are talking about patching the XSLTs to introduce downstream branding (of a distribution or a vendor corporation).

> Does that function exist in oscap?

Yes, tailoring files are supported. scap-workbench should help with creating them easily :-)

HTH!

--
Martin Preisler