[Open-scap] OpenSCAP 1.2.0 coming soon

Shawn Wells shawn at redhat.com
Tue Nov 4 18:01:52 UTC 2014

On 11/3/14, 8:21 AM, Steve Grubb wrote:
> On Monday, November 03, 2014 09:22:05 AM Petr Hracek wrote:
>> > Hi guys,
>> >
>> > do you plan to update RHEL6 and RHEL5 systems?
> openscap-1.0.8 is the certified version. Replacing it means we lose the
> certification. (Not to mention RHEL5 is in deep maintenance mode at this
> point.) I think this is likely an unnecessary risk. RHEL7 on the other hand
> needs OVAL 5.11 to be properly evaluated. So, it would be logical to assume a
> RHEL7 roll out. RHEL6 is kind of murky to me right now. RHEL5 and 6 are nearly
> the same, so we can stay with 1.0.8 for certification purposes.

Given that OpenSCAP certification appears to be version based (e.g.
v1.0.8), if a new version is going to be certified for RHEL7, why not
have that same version released into RHEL6?

Much of the content has evolved to rely on OVAL 5.11 features, so having
an OpenSCAP version supporting OVAL 5.11 in RHEL 6 and RHEL 7 is needed.