[Open-scap] OpenSCAP 1.2.0 coming soon

Simon Lukasik slukasik at redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 15:50:05 UTC 2014

Martin,

I will try to find out, if I can live a few more weeks without upstream
release. I don't need new OpenSCAP just for playing or a showcase, I
have to have it in late November to productize things. The earlier I get
it the better.

So, I will try to build a development version in COPR environment, until
you resolve the issues you need to resolve.

Regardless, I have to disagree with the comments regarding the stability
of the new release. I simply don't understand them. You keep referring
to master branch as 'breaking release' or 'step back from responsible
upstream'; I am sorry that you feel it that way. I have tried hard to
not break things, I went extra mile when re-engineering the parsers
during September to ensure that there are no headaches going forward.

I am sorry that you are having hard times rebasing scap-workbench to new
API. I didn't dropped a single API call. I only deprecated couple of
them. I made sure to keep all the deprecated calls working. So, I am
surprised, there are problems.

--
Simon Lukasik
Security Technologies, Red Hat, Inc.