[Open-scap] Mommy, where do openscap repos come from?

Martin Preisler mpreisle at redhat.com
Thu Sep 4 13:36:46 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Installing random RPMs found on the net is very very dangerous. Keep in mind
that you usually have to run `oscap` as root!

> But is there a better way to think this through and understand...

Perhaps read something on "upstream vs downstream relationships".
We really don't have any control over whether Amazon Linux packages openscap
or not. The only party that does have control is Amazon.

--
Martin Preisler