[Open-scap] openscap make: swig can't find Python.h

Martin Preisler mpreisle at redhat.com
Mon Apr 6 12:45:54 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

It would really help if you told us which distribution you are using.
Most likely you are just missing the python2 headers.

In case you don't need python bindings, just pass --disable-python to
./configure and build openscap without them.

> [snip]
>
> Once I get this working, I want see the reports openscap 1.2.2 creates from
> some results.xml files that I have generated with openscap 0.8 on an Amazon
> Linux site. What I would like to add is a "Resolution" column that points
> to another file (perhaps created in Markdown and then pulled into XML for
> this purpose) that provides local information regarding the resolution of
> non-passing results.

See http://martin.preisler.me/2014/11/waivers-in-openscap-html-report/
for some research I have done regarding waivers. XCCDF itself contains
support for something they call cdf:override which may provide the
functionality you need.

Since the HTML report will show overrides as waivers already I think the
best course of action is to postprocess the result and insert the overrides
before generating the HTML report.

> It would be sweet if openscap-workbench could use this "resolutions.md"
> file as defaults for other servers in a scan run.

I agree.

--
Martin Preisler
Security Technologies | Red Hat, Inc.