[Open-scap] Windows support in OpenSCAP and SCAP Workbench

Martin Preisler mpreisle at redhat.com
Mon Feb 23 12:12:18 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

Yeah but that is SCAP Workbench that does the tailoring. oscap.exe is
not used at all in the current Windows build of workbench.

I will still build it and include it in the future but the only valid
use cases I can think of are oscap info, datastream splitting and
various validations.

> Also, having a "OpenSCAP for Windows v1" that only does content
> tailoring is still very worthwhile. This would allow customers to get
> the Windows build on their approved product list (which frequently takes
> forever!), ensuring that when v1.future or v2.0 comes out, the software
> is already a known entity.

Is there anything I can do to make workbench+openscap more likely to be
added into approved product lists? What are the common requirements?

--
Martin Preisler
Security Technologies | Red Hat, Inc.