[Open-scap] notchecked result

Ray Blair rcblair at comcast.net
Fri Feb 27 17:33:45 UTC 2015

I am using scap-security-guide-0.1.20.tar and OpenSCAP version 1.0.3.2
that ships with rhel7

The command I am running is:

oscap xccdf eval –profile stig-rhel7-server-upstream –cpe
ssg-rhel7-cpe-dictionary.xml –reports “somefilename”  --results
“somefilename”  ssg-rhel7-xccdf.xml

It seems to run fine until I add more checks.  For instance if I enable
check kdump service it comes back with notchecked.  I get the same
results for most additional checks.  I have tried several iterations of
running with and without specifying the profile, cpe dictionary file and
have tried using a tailoring file and get the same results.

I got the latest OpenSCAP version (1.2.1-0.1) and compiled it with the
--enable–sce option. Now the results are notapplicable instead of
notchecked.  I am not sure if this is progress.  I also tried several
other compiler options with the same results .  I am probably missing
something simple.

Thank You