[Open-scap] Compilation of Openscap: how to turn off the build dependency via configure

Jan Cerny jcerny at redhat.com
Tue Aug 2 11:23:24 UTC 2016

Hi Steve, Hi all,

in that case, we should implement ability to turn on and off each probe specifically
by ./configure options.
For example, if somebody will want to compile openscap without the rpminfo probe, the he should be able to run
./configure --disable-probe-rpminfo && make
and that will do the job for him

Unfortunately it is not possible now, although  it would be beneficial for developers and packagers.
Now people are only able to disable groups of probes, eg. --disable-probes-linux
We should also specify which of the probes will be turned on by default.

Also not forget to ensure that during the CI tests we build all of them,
because it is exciting to have a test which is never executed :)

Does that proposal makes sense to you?

Regards

Jan Černý
Security Technologies | Red Hat, Inc.