[Open-scap] Latest OpenSCAP changes to speed up SSG builds

Martin Preisler mpreisle at redhat.com
Tue Aug 2 18:51:44 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

Thanks for the review, Jan!

I have applied the optimizations on Jenkins slaves and from my initial
testing the time required for pull request builds and normal CI builds
went down roughly 35-40%. It's not as much as I expected but it is
a noticeable improvement.

Old typical el7 SSG build + validate times: 30-40 minutes.
New typical el7 SSG build + validate times: 20-30 minutes.

The next big optimization lies in getting better hardware for Jenkins.
`make jenkins` takes 2m16.877s on my work laptop and 20+ minutes on
the OS1 nodes. That is a huge difference. And my laptop can't be called
a powerful machine, it's just a dual core i7 laptop.

--
Martin Preisler
Identity Management and Platform Security | Red Hat, Inc.