[Open-scap] inconsistent reporting on auditd

Shawn Wells shawn at redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 19:02:56 UTC 2017

On 1/25/17 9:55 AM, Jan Cerny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It might be a bug, but also there can be another reason why this rule failed.
>
> First thing that I would try is to add "--oval-results" to your command
> and run the scan again. This option adds more details into the HTML report,
> which hopefully could help you with identifying the problem.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Jan Černý
> Security Technologies | Red Hat, Inc.

What version of SSG?

I don't recall the SSG version that it was patched in, but the original
RHEL7 OVAL content only accepted audit rules with "-k foo", not "-F
key=foo", as shown in your audit.rules.

The patch was made 16-DEC, so may not be shipping in RHEL yet...

https://github.com/OpenSCAP/scap-security-guide/commit/66f76d6158a1cd44a91f7f27286022755065e4b6