[Open-scap] OpenSCAP support to Solaris and FreeBSD

Jan Cerny jcerny at redhat.com
Thu Jul 20 08:22:35 UTC 2017

Hi,

1) FreeBSD - They use a specific format, called VuXML.
We don't have support for that now. That would require to
implement parsing, evaluating and reporting in VuXML format
and also a probe to scan FreeBSD Ports. That wouldn't be a small task.

2) Solaris - I'm afraid that link you provided doesn't contain data
for Solaris, but it's for Oracle Linux, which is a RHEL derivative.
I don't know if they provide same thing for Solaris. If the Solaris
data exist, and they're in OVAL format as well, we would need
to implement a probe for Solaris packaging system. We don't
have any Solaris probes now.

I don't expect we in Red Hat will work on support for FreeBSD or Solaris.
But we are willing to help people that want to contribute.

Regards

Jan Černý
Security Technologies | Red Hat, Inc.