[Open-scap] customizing generation of mediation scripts

Jan Cerny jcerny at redhat.com
Thu Mar 23 07:51:55 UTC 2017

Hi,

The bash code is taken from the input SCAP content,
eg. from /usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/content/ssg-rhel7-ds.xml
there is no magic behind that, basically oscap simply extracts
snippets from XML.

If you want to amend the script that is generated by oscap, unfortunately
that is not possible, we don't have any option to customize the
"oscap xccdf generate fix" command. Only way is to edit the generated
script manually.

The best thing that you could do is to share your bash code
with others, that means to propose a pull request on SCAP Security
Guide project. The source code repository can be found on
https://github.com/OpenSCAP/scap-security-guide
We can help you with that and we will be happy if you contribute.

I recommend exploring /shared/templates/static/bash
and /shared/templates directories in the SCAP Security Guide
source code repository.

Regards

Jan Černý
Security Technologies | Red Hat, Inc.