[Open-scap] scap-workbench remote scan doesnt work

DD Donny Lie deodion at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 08:21:36 UTC 2017

*From CentOS 7 (scap workbench) *
*to target (CentOS 7) installed latest openscap-scanner*
*the target is VM guest under ESXi 5.5,*

15:02:25
info
SCAP Workbench 1.1.4, compiled with Qt 4.8.5, using OpenSCAP 1.2.14

15:02:54
info
Opened file '/usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/content/ssg-centos7-ds.xml'.

15:04:08
info
Establishing connecting to remote target...

15:04:18
info
Connection established.

15:04:18
info
Checking if oscap is available on remote machine...

15:08:19
error
Failed to locate oscap on remote machine. Please, check that
openscap-scanner is installed on the remote machine.

*Am I missing something? this should be pretty basic right, but its not
working?*