[Open-scap] OSCAP - CVE information

Mohanraj, Bharath bharath_mohanraj_tp at bmc.com
Thu Aug 30 13:01:18 UTC 2018

Hi Marek,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using the RHEL7 xccdf that is shipped with scap security guide. So based on your reply it looks like, these XCCDF xmls which are part of ssg will not have CVE linked.

In that case, can you please guide me the location from where I can get the required xmls for evaluating all platforms supported by OSCAP?

Also, is the command going to be similar to xccdf, right now I'm using below two commands,

oscap xccdf eval --profile <profile_name> --results <result_xml> --progress <xccdf_xml>

oscap xccdf eval --remediate --profile <profile_name> --tailoring-file <tailoring_file> --results <result_xml> --progress <xccdf_xml>

Will the command remain same for oval as well, except for changing "oscap xccdf eval" to "oscap oval eval"? Please clarify.

Regards,

Bharath M