[Open-scap] V-73159 - Question on requisite vs required in pam.d/system-auth

Marek Haicman mhaicman at redhat.com
Thu Feb 14 17:21:32 UTC 2019

Hello, according to the v2r2, the check is supposed to be:
```
# cat /etc/pam.d/system-auth | grep pam_pwquality

password required pam_pwquality.so retry=3

If the command does not return an uncommented line containing the value
"pam_pwquality.so", this is a finding.

If the value of "retry" is set to "0" or greater than "3", this is a
finding.
```
and there's nothing about `required`. So it's up to your setup, I believe.

HTH,
Marek